About this site
The concept of this site
For “well-being” always For “well-being” always
This video depicts “people” of diverse individuality who are taking steps toward a future in which their dreams and ideals are realized and they achieve Benesse (well-being).
The Benesse Group has constantly pursued “Benesse (well-being)” and focused on “people” to support the realization of their dreams and ideals.
Now, we are implementing a variety of initiatives to create "well-being” for people, society, and the future.
We have always, and will always, work to support “well-being.”
On this site, we focus on Benesse’s “now” as it works toward a sustainable society for every individual’s “Benesse (well-being).”
* ”Benesse” is a portmanteau of the Latin words “bene (well)” and “esse (being).”
“Well-being” in society and
for the future.
In the coming era, when change will be normal state of things,
to achieve our aim of an abundant, sustainable world,
we want to reconsider all social issues with a “people-centric” perspective,
and create a society in which everyone can seek out the things they want to do and take on those challenges.
Each and every one of our employees will practice our corporate philosophy of “Benesse – well-being,” and extend it to their local communities, to society at large, and to the future.
Through education, we intend to develop human resources that can contribute to resolution of all of the goals of the 17 SDGs.
Leveraging our strengths in the educational sphere, we intend to develop human resources that can contribute to resolution of the SDGs. We believe this is a contribution to the future that only the Benesse Group can make.
We see the super-aging society as SDG number 18.
The evolving super-aging society is a major issue that Japan is now facing up to before the rest of the world. At Benesse, we see the super-aging society as SDG number 18, and we are implementing initiatives to support an appropriate social structure, including publicizing and sharing the knowledge we have accumulated in our nursing care business.
We are implementing a variety of initiatives to create a sustainable society that supports every individual’s “Benesse (well-being).”
Reports from the frontline and survey reports that capture what is happening in the world of children’s learning
Examples of cutting-edge initiatives that utilize new technologies and original know-how
Seniors, nursing care
Real-life examples and survey reports on senior care and nursing care initiatives amid the ageing of society
Workstyles, child raising
Information and case studies for people exploring the role of parents and balancing work and child raising
Benesse’s contributions to disaster rehabilitation, supporting learning environments, and disability care
Regional community activities
Benesse’s work with local communities to invigorate regional life and create learning opportunities
- Regional development
- Research surveys
- English language learning
- Aging population
- School support
- Children’s learning
- Communication skills
- Original technology & ideas
- Social contributions
- Arts and culture
- Human resources development
- Reconstruction support
- Working parents
- Work-life balance
- Nursing care
- Education reform
Search by SDGs
- No poverty
- Health and welfare for all people
- High-quality education for all
- To achieve gender equality
- Supporting economic growth and meaningful work
- To create a basis for industry and technological reform
- Reduced inequalities
- To create places in which we can continue to live
- Responsible consumption and production
- To implement practical countermeasures against climate change
- Life on land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institution
- To achieve the goals in partnership
- Contributing our knowledge for an aging society
Corporate philosophy “well-being”
A philosophy which considers a positive way of life for everyone from babies to the elderly.
We have been involved in providing services to support people’s lives for more than 60 years.
Benesse Art Site Naoshima
Information about Benesse Art Site Naoshima
- Benesse’s social activities revolve around learning
- Benesse’s CSR
- Benesse Foundation for Children
(Japanese version only)
- Distribution of educational information based on original research surveys
- Benesse Educational Research and Development Institute
- Benesse’s educational information website
(Japanese version only)
- Benesse's action on sustainability
- About this site